We are Christadelphians. What? That’s right, Chris-ta-del-phi-ans; it means “Brothers (and Sisters) of Christ.”
We could have chosen to call ourselves Christians. So why didn’t we? Well, in about 100 A.D. some Christians began to change what Christ and his apostles taught. So, as most Christians now don’t have the same beliefs as they did, Christadelphians chose a different name.
We’re not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, as we believe it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes (Rom 1:16). The Bible has the answers to today and tomorrows problems.
Below is a list of some of the things Christadelphians believe:
- The Bible is Holy and it is God’s message to the world. Both Old and New Testaments are God’s revelation to man, and are both equally authoritative.
- “All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true…” 1 Tim 3:16
- “Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will never disappear.” Mark 13:31
- There is only ONE God and he created and controls all things. He has revealed Himself as the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- “So remember this and keep it firmly in mind: The Lord is God both in heaven and on earth and there is no other” Deut 4:39
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and the Saviour and King. He was a man of our race, identical in nature with all mankind.
- For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son Jn 3:16
- “This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy.” 2 Pet 1:17
- “Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil, and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery. For surely it is not angels that he helps, but he helps the offspring of Abraham. Therefore he had to be made like his brothers in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.” Heb 2:14-17
- God’s Kingdom, ruled by Jesus will be here, on Earth!
- “The world has now become the Kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will reign forever and ever.” Rev 11:15
For more information, please refer to our online booklets