We are Christadelphians. What? Thats right, Chris-ta-del-phi-ans; it means “Brothers (and Sisters) of Christ.”
We could have chosen to call ourselves Christians. So why didn’t we? Well, in about 100 A.D. some Christians began to change what Christ and his apostles taught. So, as most Christians now don’t have the same beliefs as they did, Christadelphians chose a different name.
Below is a list of some of the things Christadelphians believe:
- The Bible is Holy and it is God’s message to the world
- “All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true…” 1 Tim 3:16
- “Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will never disappear.” Mark 13:31
- There is only ONE God and he created and controls all things
- “So remember this and keep it firmly in mind: The Lord is God both in heaven and on earth and there is no other” Deut 4:39
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and the Saviour and King
- For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son Jn 3:16
- “This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy.” 2 Pet 1:17
- God’s Kingdom, ruled by Jesus will be here, on Earth!
- “The world has now become the Kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will reign forever and ever.” Rev 11:15